Topic: Two bugs for you.

Okay, the first one is not a big deal - I created a new portfolio when I was playing around, but didn't do anything with it. Then I decided to import some transactions from an OFX file, and decided to use the new portfolio to import into. But I wanted to name it something different, so I went to the Settings page, and changed the name from "New Portfolio" to "Cindy's IRA". No problem, it let me do that. But when I was looking later at the data directory, I found it had created files called "portfolio_C.db", "portfolio_Ci.db", etc, all the way to "portfolio_Cindy's IRA.db". Kinda messy.

Second, more serious - I was messing around with the program, and did something (I don't know what) that produced an error condition, but it didn't tell me that before I exited the program. Since I closed the program in the error state, apparently it tries to start back up at the same place I left off, so now I get the error message when it starts, and it won't run.

The error log says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "icarra2.py", line 685, in <module>
  File "icarra2.py", line 405, in __init__
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7978, in __init__
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7552, in _BootstrapApp
  File "icarra2.py", line 464, in OnInit
  File "icarra2.py", line 514, in loadPortfolio
  File "icarra2.py", line 204, in select
  File "icarra2.py", line 315, in renderSelection
  File "icarra2.py", line 357, in loadPositionCharts
  File "positionChartsPanel.pyc", line 134, in update
TypeError: 'bool' object is unsubscriptable

Tim

Re: Two bugs for you.

Thanks for the reports.

Can you email me the prefs.db and portfolio.db file?  I worked around the error you noticed but I'd like to track down why it happened in the first place.  In the meantime you can delete the prefs.db file and it should start working again.